Thursday, August 11, 2011

Fireworks, Family, and Firsts

I can't tell you how excited I was to spend my first holiday with my handsome husband!! Seriously, I think I told Matt at least once a day about how excited I was to see the Stadium of Fire with him and light some fireworks for our first Independence Day :)

Saturday night, after Matt luckily (and gratefully) got off work, we were able to walk up to the Stadium on BYU Campus. We didn't end up getting tickets (that's what happens when you're dirt poor), but we did still find a wonderful seat for the Stadium of Fire! We originated on the grass by the Conference Center, but then decided that there must be space up closer where we could hear the performances (especially Brad Paisley's), and get a better view of the show! We ended up finding a nice, warm spot in the parking lot directly east of the Stadium. There, we met up with Michael and Jenn (who brought us nice treats from Macey's), and were able to hear most of Brad Paisley's songs. It was so fun to be there with my handsome Matt, and it definitely lived up to all I had expected. . . I just wish I had remembered to bring my camera. Oh well, it was still fantastic!

On Monday, again, after work, we were able to go up to the Jensen home for some food and fireworks up there. It was very nice to have a more relaxed firework ban this year! Utah got to shoot off some of those big fireworks that can go 50 ft. up in the air! Who would want to go back now? I mean, these small fireworks are ok when it's dry and you can't shoot anything bigger off. . .


But why use these, when you've got something much better?


Although, the small ones do make a nice background for romantic moments where we can do some PDA ;)


2 comments:

  1. Love it! 4th of July is awesome and I'm glad you got to hear some of the concert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PDA?! Who are you and what have you done with my Cosette... hahaha oh you married people. I'm glad to see you're enjoying it so much! You two are my flavorites :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...