Friday, August 26, 2011

Best Gifts Ever!

For those of you who do not know, I work to help run Education Week at BYU - what a crazy week with lots of work during long hours for the whole week (glad that's over). On Tuesday (I think), I was walking around the 3rd floor of the WSC checking on classes and helping some of the hosts with issues that came up. After I walked out of one of the rooms, I ran into an elderly host who was talking to a lovely elderly couple. They stopped me and asked about my name (a typical topic of conversation when I first meet people). After we talked for a moment about that, the host noticed the ring on my finger and asked if I was engaged or married (I do not have a wedding band with my ring). When I told them that I was married, they promptly asked if my husband "knows what a precious gift he has" and if he "treats [me] right?" Of course I responded that I did, and they further prodded by asking if he opened all my doors for me, including the doors going into and out of buildings, and if he pushed my chair in for me as well. I smiled widely and said, "Yes, he is very good at that. Except for pushing in the chair, I'm a bit clumsy with that so we haven't figured it out yet." The woman then responded that we ought to figure that out early because it's a good thing to have in a marriage. I smiled and said I would before they let me go. What a cute, fun couple & host they were. 

Honestly, it is not hard to see that my wonderful husband treats me so well and is the best husband ever! He does open all my doors (as long as I let him), he's even started trying to push in my chair (even with clumsy ol' me). He walks closest to the street when we go on walks. And he always holds my hand. There's no guessing that he is respectful of me and is good to me, but just in case you'd like more evidence, here's some photos of the best gifts he's given me, and the wonderful type of husband he is (read on only if you can stomach me bragging about my husband)...

After our Vegas Honeymoon, we came home with some souvenirs for Matt, and other family members, but I had not found anything that I found worth purchasing for me. Throughout the trip, I had been talking about this book that I really wanted to save up for and purchase for myself at some point (honestly, I was REALLY excited about it). So one day, after work one day, I came home to see this on our bed with the sweetest not from Matt...

Since we moved into our little basement apartment, I have also been mentioning (or complaining - man, I'm such a whiny wife!) that our bedroom (and our kitchen) are so dark and do not get enough light (I love light during the day - and lots of it). So Matt gets some mirrors from the store to put up and lighten the room...and I never get to putting them up. So one day, he just takes over and puts the mirrors up, with some of our pictures, into a wonderful collage that reflects the light to increase the brightness in our room:
Before
After :) 

 And, as further evidence (only of those I've been able to document via photos), I had been stressing out about the dirtiness of our apartment and all the things I would like to get deep cleaned before school started, but didn't seem to have the time for. Then (and this happened just today), I come home from work not only to find that he had put away our laundry that had been air-drying, but he had hand washed all the dishes...

...took out the trash...

AND cleaned the bathroom - I'm talking the whole bathroom, toilet and all!
This is just the bathroom faucet that he cleaned to a sparking shine - no way was I going to scar you all with a picture of our toilet (honestly!)

Best of all, my wonderful husband has given himself to me. He's dedicated to his studies so that he can get the grades and learning he needs to be a provider for our family, he's patient with me and all my moaning and groaning, and he loves me through everything!

Honestly, how could anyone not know that my husband treats me so well? He is amazing and perfect for me! I love him and am so grateful for all the gifts he has given me. I'm so proud of hims as well as all the effort he puts into life! 
-Cosette
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...