Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Life Gets Busy . . .

Of course, you all know that I am sure!

I just want to take a moment to tell you about an amazing sister I have. She is super cute, very friendly, a hard worker, very cheerful, has a talent for enjoying and uplifting children, and is a very dedicated student (even more than many BYU students I have met). I read her blog recently and discovered that this wonderful sister of mine read the Book of Mormon in 24 hours. As challenged by her leaders, she now has a goal to read it again in 31 days (that's 17.1 pages, or about an hour a night). Two times through in just 32 days. DANG! This girl is absolutely amazing! I wish I was more like her sometimes - such dedication to putting the most important things first. Love ya sis!


With that said - any tips from the more knowledgeable people out there on how in the world to balance working part time, going to school full time, keeping up a home, and making sure these most important spiritual things get priority in life? 

imgres.jpgFinals week is next week . . . I have two finals (woot!) Call me crazy (cuz yes, I am), cuz I am bringing on the insanity. I decided that I really want to be bilingual (we'll start there and then keep going on). So, next semester I am going to take an accelerated French course (101 and 102 in on semester instead of two) - could not be more excited for that! 8 credits. I am also trying to finish up my courses so I can graduate next year and move on with life (and learning languages hopefully). Thus, I have 2 courses left for my minor - 3 credits each for a total of 6 credits - and one course left for my major - a simple, 2 credit class. Then, I have to do two internships. One is a small, 400-hour internship for my minor that I will complete by April 2012. 1 credit. The second is my senior internship/capstone project, which I started a few weeks ago at my current job and will continue until the end of April 2012. 9 credits (I have to get additional permission to actually get these credits during Winter 2012 semester). Folks, that is 26 credits total (anything over 12 is a full-time student - anything over 18 needs special permission).

Hehehe, guess what I will be missing though? One, simple G.E. credit - History 202. Hello Independent Study. The goal is to get started on this history class, as well as getting a head start on French with my personal tutor (Matt :) ), as soon as I am done with finals. 
Whew, it almost feels  good just to get that all written down and out of my head :)
Thanks for listening . . . er . . . reading :)

My amazing husband, he is so patient with me, so willing to help around the house and with my French studies. I am so incredibly lucky to have him for all of eternity! Seriously, I would not even think of attempting this next semester without him. 

- Hang in there, it won't be like this for long! - 

1 comment:

  1. aww cosette you are soo adorable! thanks for that post of me, it made my day. love you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...