Sunday, July 15, 2012

Humorous Love

Normally I don't post about the awesome dates we get to go on each week, but this one made us laugh pretty good, so I thought I would share (hopefully it's not just an inside-joke kind of thing).

Once a month I get to do the honors of asking Matt on a hott date and planning the whole excursion. I asked him via text (I know, lame - phone calls are always better), and began planning the date. For some reason that day we were pretty busy around the house and with me working, so I just planned a simple out-to-eat dinner we could take to-go and then eat at a park (with some tea candles for when it got darker).

The work of the day took much longer than planned, however, and I found myself showering and getting ready for the date around 6:30 pm. All the while, I kept telling Matt I had a hott date with a handsome man and I couldn't tell him who it was. We played on the you're-going-on-a-date-with-someone-else?-I-am-so-offended thing the whole time we were getting ready for our "respective" date(s).

Then as time drew near for our date to start (sadly, much later than I had planned), I snuck out of the apartment and rang the doorbell so I could pick up my date. :) While pretending this was a first date, I brought up the menu and we called-in an order to be picked up.
As it was later than originally planned, we felt it might be a bit unsafe to picnic at an unknown park, so I took him back to "my" place for a candle-lit dinner (gasp! so scandelous! haha).
Not quite as fancy as this - but similar
The date was super simple, but so hilarious in the role plays before and during the date :) My husband is THE best and can make any date a blast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...