Tuesday, April 17, 2012

It's a Parasite!

Well that clears things up a bit!

I was wondering why I felt so yucky all the time. Honestly, this entire semester has been a difficult one. I am hungry almost constantly, but can't eat very much food. I'm sure my vitamin and mineral supplies are nearly depleted because I can't eat veggies anymore. The fridge and freezer make me want to vomit sometimes . . . ok, often.

That and I'm tired all the time! I sleep for about 9 hours at night and then am still groggy in the morning and can't get myself out of bed. And I still get tired throughout the day!

With the insane semester of classes, the combination of those two things mean Cosette doesn't exercise much at all - 2 times a week IF she's very very lucky. My body is starting to feel very yucky. My legs get antsy at night to run or bike or swim or something, but my mind, feet, and stomach are in all out rebellion against anything but sleep. Worst part is, I hurt my foot muscle last Monday and haven't been able to even walk much (nonetheless run or bike) - been out of commission for over a week. Sitting on your bum all day is no fun - I promise! On the plus side, when I could walk (the entirety of the semester before last week), I did walk 1.3 miles to work and back every day (and sometimes classes in the middle of that) - that did help to keep my lungs happy at least.

Yup - parasite.

At the worst of times - when I gagged at the thought or smell of food, but my stomach was threatening anarchy if it didn't get fed immediately, or had morning sickness all day regardless of what I did, or felt the negative effects of not exercising for weeks on end - then I honestly wondered why in the insane world I was doing this?! I'm losing my good nutrition, my exercise routine, my health, our money and my energy. Insanity? Probably.

Contrary to some comments from about mothers at this time - I believe motherhood is the best career any woman could have. People tell me the pregnancy is worth it. I believe them. Something good usually comes from difficult times right? I know this is worth it. I can always get my exercise routine back - especially now that I'm into the 2nd trimester!

15 weeks and feeling better (except my foot
still keeps me out of commission)
It's worth it. It's worth it. It's worth it. - Yup, that's my new mantra.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! That is so exciting :) I'm 15 weeks too so our babies will have to be friends, ha. I hope your foot gets feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love love love love love! Being a mother is the best, most important job in the world.

    Ryan likes to pretend I'm pregnant every time I complain I'm tired or sick or emotional or just about anything else. He's going to enjoy the real thing someday :)

    PS. I'm loving the haircut! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute non tummy picture:) haha. I am SO excited for you! Our kids are going to be awesome!
    Love the hair!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...